1.27.2008

Valentine in the Round

I decided to shake things up a bit for this one and make it round rather than rectangle. I cut up several strips of patterned paper and adhered them to the front of my circle card. I went around again and trimmed the strips down so that they were flush with the base. After stamping on the card and inking the edges, I attached my hearts with pop-dots. Two holes punched in the side where the card folds made the perfect spot to tie my ribbon through.

Stamps: Studio G $1 stamps
Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink in 'Chestnut Roan'
Paper: Basic Grey 'Blush'
Ribbon: Joann's Craft Essentials
Other: pop-dots, hearts cut out using Cricut 'George'

9 comments:

Amanda Sewell said...

I really like this round card! Very cute!!! TFS!

Marlou said...

absolutely beautiful card :)

Rosella said...

What a pretty round card! Love the quilted look and the layered hearts. A very pretty card!

hangnailz n' papercutz said...

I love how you inked the edges, gave it a little personality.

rixey said...

I love this! I will totally be CASEing the strips of paper idea!

Decode me said...

HAmsters yIeld sTRONG AtTacks eArLy TOMOrROW iN oPEN CRuIZING sUBMARINES.


Says Hello

Joan B said...

Adorable and quite beautiful. Love the circle with the stripes.

ScrapBuzz (Anne Marie) said...

Ooh, I'm lovin this look with the strips of different paper! you did a beautiful job!

Mel M. M. M. said...

WOW! These strips are stunning. Love the round card. :0)