2.17.2011

PTI Make It Monday 2

I have to say, I'm really loving these challenges. It's fun to have a little creative boost and I just love seeing all of the other beautiful projects out there in blog-land.
This week's challenge was to use a vellum sentiment strip.  At first I said, "vellum?"  I haven't seen that stuff in a looooong time.  So I went and dug through my super-secret back-up extra stash and sure enough, I found some vellum!  Here's what I came up with:
I stamped the sentiments onto the vellum first then adhered the strip to another slightly larger strip of cardstock.  I didn't have any of that fancy vellum adhesive so I just scored each end of the vellum strip about 1/4 inch in then folded the ends back around the blue strip and adhered them on the back.  It turned out pretty neat because it looks like the vellum is almost floating over the blue strip.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: PTI Mat Stack One
Cardstock: PTI Spring Rain, Echo Park 'Walk in the Park', vellum

2 comments:

Rita W said...

Very pretty! I love the gorgeous butterflies!

Leena Girsa said...

So cute! The vellum is a really cool touch. Now following your blog from SC #342...hope you'll return the favor when you get a chance. http://alacards.blogspot.com