5.28.2011

PTI Make it Monday

This weeks Make it Monday theme is sympathy cards.  I don't think these are ever easy to make and luckily there was nobody in particular in mind while I was making this one.  I suppose it is better to just have this in my stash should it be needed, rather than trying to make one during a difficult time.

I have never really made a sympathy card before and I'm wondering if this is even close to how one should look.  I meant for the two clouds to represent me and the person it would be for, almost as if saying, "I'm here for you."  I'm not sure if that was clearly conveyed, though. 

The good thing about this card is it only took about 10 minutes to make, which would be a bonus if you were making it during time when your mind might not be necessarily on creating.  I stamped the bottom with the polka dots in versamark then heat-embossed with clear embossing powder.  Next, I just stamped the sentiment above the row of dots then wrapped some baker's twine around the card a few times, tying it off with a button.  The clouds were die-cut from one of the paper bands which come wrapped around the outside of a PTI stamp set then placed onto the card using dimensional foam dots.  Quick and done.
 

Stamps: PTI 'Round and Round'
Cardstock: PTI kraft, cardstock band from stamp set packaging (clouds)
Ink: SU Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Other: PTI baker's twine, button, cloud die, clear embossing powder

3 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

I love your card! It's simple and lovely!

Emma Digennaro said...

This is a beautiful card, the Bakers twine and button are the perfect touch.
emma x

Rita W said...

I love those clouds! How fun that there is a die for them. And baker's twine is just yummy; I could wrap myself in it! :)