1.06.2012

Project Life 2012 Title Page

So.....once again, I'm attempting to do Project Life this year. 
I figured the best way to start is with page one.  A title page.  It gave me a space to write down a few ideas of my hopes for the book and give me a reason to stick to it. 

*layout based on PageMaps December 2011 sketch.
Supplies: PTI kraft cardstock, Crate Paper 'Restoration', Martha Stewart punches, AC Thickers, Recollections glitter alphas.
Photography and adorable kiddos by Me!(and Mr. Paperaddict)  :)Some little hand-made butterfly embellishments:
I was so happy there was a four of hearts in this paper!  There are four of us in our little family, so it was perfect.

One thing I learned from my dismal failure  unfinished project from last year is to not place so much stress on making it perfect.  If I don't take a photo every single day, so what?  I fell behind on my photo taking, because let's face it: being a grown-up and/or momma is just downright tiring some days.  With the million things to do each day it may not always be the first thing on my mind to pick up the camera.  So this year I give myself permission to not stress about tyring to be perfect.  At anything.

I especially mention this because I've chatted with a few friends recently about their attempts at this project last year and how they gave up after falling behind.  I've also seen several people mention it on-line as well that they just completely threw the towel in after falling behind.  I say just pick up where you left off and keep going.  You can do it!  Again, so what?  So what if it's not a photo every day?  You are still recording your memories, big and small, and creating a priceless record of your life.  Imagine how much fun it will be to look at in 10, 20, 30 + years and remember all the everyday little things that make you and your family who you are!

I'd like to share a quote I've recently come across that translates well, not just for this project, but for pretty much anything:

 "I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work."
~ Thomas Edison.

Moving into 2012, I definitely plan to keep this idea in mind.  I suppose you only fail when you stop trying.


3 comments:

Valerie Bishop said...

This is so precious!! Love your outlook on the PL - I'm not even attempting it because I know I'd never finish!! LOL

Rita W said...

That's a great plan to start off with! I totally failed last year, so I didn't even try this year. :/ I LOVE your first page; it is beautiful!

Ted said...

I love the colors you chose here and those little butterflies are a perfect addition. They represent a new beginning. :) Thanks for your reference to "Lemonade" (Basic Grey)... I thought it might be that, but I wasn't sure and didn't want to look like a fool. ;) Have a wonderful week!