3.05.2011

Birthday Turtle

Welcome, and thanks for stopping by for my first project as Guest Designer for Whimsy and Stars Studio!
I fell in love with this adorable little guy the second I saw him and couldn't wait to get started on this card.  If you love him too, be sure to visit the Whimsy and Stars Studio blog where you can snag the 'Birthday Turtle' digi-stamp...for FREE!

I just love being able to add the extra sense of texture into my projects.  In addition to raising all the images up on dimensional adhesive, I coated the clouds and white areas of the hat in fun-flock, and used stickles all over the cupcake's frosting.  Also, I fluffed up the 'grass' a bit to give it even more dimension.


Be sure to check in on Wednesday, March 9th, for the brand-new image release from Whimsy and Stars Studio.  The Guest Design Team is busy putting together some fabulous images with the adorable new digi-stamp and you won't want to miss it!

Image: 'Birthday Turtle' by Mabelle R.O. of Whimsy and Stars Studio.
Cardstock: SU Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Wild Wasabi, PTI white, Neenah Solar White for coloring.
Other: fun-flock in white, Stickles in 'diamond', SU Chocolate Chip ribbon, Copics, dimensional dots, Big Shot and embossing folder.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

So darling. Love the flock on the clouds and all the stickley goodness on the frosting. Great card!

Mabelle said...

Gorgeous!! Simply precious! Thank you so so much for your work. I'm so appy you are part of our Team. I added your card to my blog!

Kendra Richardson said...

Thanks for sharing your ideas! I'm follower #367 from SC. You can find me @ www.kendrascorner.blogspot.com