8.13.2011

Happy 50th!!!

One of my favorite people is celebrating a birthday this week.  Yep. The big 5-0. 
I wanted to make a little something different than just a card to attach to her birthday gift, so I had the idea to make this little banner.


The base started out with some die cut tags.  I really like this particular die because it has two parts.  The main base of the tag and a little circle to fold over the top across the hole.  After I glued the tags onto the twine, I covered up the holes with some buttons so you couldn't see the hole.

 A die cut leaf and butterflies added onto each end:
Papertrey Ink's 'By the Numbers' dies are so perfect for birthday decorations as you can customize your 
project for any age.  I adhered the numbers with dimensional foam on top of these fun fan-folded dimensional flowers. 
 

I thought it was kind of fun that you can take it off the gift and hang it up as a little party decoration!

Thanks for stopping by today and if you have a birthday this week, then happy birthday to you, too!


Paper: My Mind's Eye: "Stella and Rose", PTI kraft
Leaf Die: Sizzix
Small butterfly: MS Crafts punch
All other dies and buttons: PTI

1 comment:

Rita W said...

Very cute! I haven't tried a banner yet, but they look so fun. :)