10.06.2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

...and I've been absent from blogging for a while.  Fall.  Autumn.  End of Summer.  Whatever you call it, it's my favorite time of year.  Beautiful color changes in the trees, fall decorations, pumpkins, back to school, football games, tractor rides, and pumpkins.  These are a few of my favorite things! :)
I've simply been enjoying all of these things, and more, and haven't been focusing too much on my crafting recently.  Now that I'm getting settled back into the season, I'm planning on getting started again soon.

I really wanted to share something I read this evening, and I encourage everyone to read the letter I'm going to link to and encourage others to read it as well.  As fellow crafters we all know that as a group, we are some of the most generous, kind-hearted people out there.  Always willing to help a friend in need, send a special note to a sick child, share projects for fundraisers, and spread joy to soldiers overseas.  These are just a few examples.  I love that.  But unfortunately there are some out there who don't always do the right thing.  I don't love that.  The theft of images created by some fabulous artists has put said artists in a very difficult place.

Mo Manning, the wonderful artist and creator of the fabulous images found at Mo's Digital Pencil, shared a letter she authored in response to someone she discovered was basically stealing her images.  You can see the letter HERE. Mo definitely shed light to the very personal impact stealing has had on her and I am so disappointed that a fellow crafter would cause this sort of pain to one of the very people we look to for inspiration.

If nothing else, check out Mo's images and support her either by dropping a note or purchasing one of her imges. Take a look at the detail she puts into her images.  They are practically a steal at the mere price of $3.00- $5.00 per image, so why the need to actually STEAL her images?

No comments: